Open Access Studio
The studio is available to anyone with prior experience of the technique they wish to use for just £15 per 3 hours!
open Access Opening Hour
Art Materials WE HAVE:
- A 100x200 cm etching press that can be used for printing etchings, engravings, lino, and woodblock.
- Fronting and pushing wool felt blankets
- Rosin aquatint box
- Nitric and ferric acid-baths
- Paper soaking and drying panels with squeegee
- Blotting towels and boards
- Air compressor and gun for alternative aquatint methods
- Hot plate for applying grounds
- Plate-smoking racks and candles for blackening grounds
- Pressure boards for drying prints
- Dry point, engraving, woodcutting, linocutting and burnishing tools
- Exposure unit for photo etching
- All relevant solvents and cleaning materials
- Chalk and Ammonia for degreasing
- Personal storage space
- Free wifi
- Free coffee machine (bring your own coffee)
- Loads of reading material for inspiration!
NOT INCLUDED BUT YOU CAN BUY FROM THE STUDIO
- Paper knife - £1.50
- Paper -
The above materials are available for convenience. They are not a cost effective option and it is therefore recommended that materials are brought prior to attending the studio. Intaglio via London Bridge is a recommended source.